How do you finding a new doctor or a nursing home? Ask friends, do a web search or brave an impenetrable, government database? The “DIY Health services research” links on sister site Boston Health News are designed to help. Some are more complex than others.
A few general tips on how to use them:
1) Always cross reference. Different sources may rank the same hospital differently
2) Pay attention to sources of information.
3) Look for most recent data.
4) Learn a little about spread sheets to keep track of your research and to crunch your own numbers.
5) Comment here on the usefulness of this data.